Apple Pecan Crumb Pie
Yield: 8 servings
Pastry for one 9-inch pie crust
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Culinary Secrets Pure Vanilla Extract, RFS Item 23382
- 1/2 tsp. Culinary Secrets Ground Cinnamon, RFS Item 24180
- 1/4 tsp. Culinary Secrets Ground Ginger, RFS Item 24054
- 1/8 tsp. ground mace
- 6 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 tsp. Culinary Secrets Ground Cinnamon, RFS Item 24180
- 1/4 cup SilverBrook Grade AA Unsalted Butter, RFS Item 73410
- Heat oven to 375 F. Line a 9-inch pie pan with pastry, trimming edges.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, pecans, sugar, flour, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger and mace; toss well to blend. Transfer mixture to pastry-lined pie pan.
- Prepare Crumb Topping: In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Using a pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Spread Crumb Topping evenly over apple filling. Bake pie 45 minutes or until apples are tender.